Sunday, March 1, 2009
So fire scooter was cancelled due to the universe making it quite clear that fire and I need to learn to get along calmly, before we can go crazy together. You see I had a glass kiln signed out in order to do some kiln casting. This is not a exceptional occurrence. What is exceptional is the fact that my molds fell over in the kiln, spilling molten glass all over the floor of the kiln. Can we say Big F*ck up? Anyways after the initial panic and trying to fix a very bad situation four very good friends helped me right the molds and get back on track. But I have to say adjusting/righting molds full of glass and and bricks in a top loading kiln at 1550 F is not an experience I care to repeat. I am glad to report no serious burns only a sensitive spot on the top of my head where the heat got the best of my flesh. I am hoping that I will be able to get the glass off the bottom of the kiln as soon as it cools. I was told a putty knife should take care of it; and I certainly hope so otherwise I am going to be in deep shit. So as of now Fire scooter has been rescheduled for this Friday, barring anymore signs from the universe. I'll post pictures of the melt down after I crack the kiln tomorrow.